An Almost Overwhelming Shopping Experience

5.31.2010

Hello Fab Ones! How is the long weekend treating you so far? I hope you’re all relaxing and enjoying yourselves.

I just had to tell you guys about my Saturday which was spent at the Randolph Street Market. I’ve been on the Market’s mailing list for quite some time but never had the opportunity to go due to schedule conflicts. I was determined not to miss another one so I skipped out of class early so I could experience the market for myself. I met up with my girl Nikia from ChiTown Fashionista and two of her friends.

Those of you who know me, know that I love to shop. I love to browse. I love to buy. I can easily spend an entire day shopping. I. Love. To. Shop. The market was almost an overwhelming shopping venture for me, but like the trooper I am, I soldiered on ;) There was so much vintage clothing, jewelry, home decor items, vintage furniture, restored furniture, artwork, vases, designer handbags (I’m talking Hermès Birkin, Chanel, and Goyard steamer trunks). As a devout handbag lover, I was damn near faint at the sight of the vintage Louis Vuittion and Goyard luggage.

I was hoping to find some vintage sundresses but alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Many of the vintage pieces I found were too big. I was salivating over this green floor length Helen Roper-esque caftan that I was forced to leave behind *sad face* So what did I buy?

Silver leaves pin Silver and gold cushion pin money clip
Silver leaf pin: $3.50, Gold plated money clip: $2.50, Silver & Gold cushion pin: $3

I just fell in love with both the pins and the money clip is for my brother’s birthday. I saw so much more that I wanted but I behaved myself. There will be other markets and I will be back.

If you’re in the Chicago area and have never been to the Randolph Street Market, I highly suggest you check it out. You won’t be disappointed. This is one market where you can find any and every thing you’re looking for and even items you didn’t know you wanted, lol!

Here are a few tips I learned for any future visits:
  • Wear comfortable flats.
  • Carry a small across the body bag so your hands are free.
  • If it’s sunny wear your sunscreen.
  • Bring cash (there was an ATM station but I believe in avoiding fees at all costs).
  • Bring a bottle of water.
  • Don’t forget your hand sanitizer (touching all the vintage items makes for some slightly unclean hands).




For more information:
Randolph Street Market

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin