My Natural Nails & I

5.30.2010

cg strong adhesion base coat seche vite top coaat nailtiques formula 2  BB_CUTICLE-CREAM sally-hansen-maximum-growth

Years ago I wore acrylic tips, acrylic overlays, and silk wraps over my natural nails. I really did not need those nail enhancements but back then airbrushed designs, rhinestones, and other designs were all the rage. Looking back I am more than a little embarrassed at my slightly around the way girl nails sans the bad attitude, extensions, and Fendi bag. I’ll chalk it up to youth and thank God there are no pictures of my unsightly bedazzled all to hell talons.

Now I’m a much more classy and refined woman who would never go there again. Spa manicures and pedicures are my favorite inexpensive pick me ups. My friends are always amazed at how I’m able to make my mani/pedis last longer than the typical one to two weeks.

Well to begin with I don’t do my own nails. My hands aren’t that steady and the end result would look crazy so to the nail salon I go. I always bring my own polish because I have seen some nail technicians thin their polish with acetone remover. Shady. I just feel better bringing my own. I also bring my China Glaze Self Adhesion Base Coat which grips the polish once its applied and last but not least my Seche Vite top coat. Most nail salons use Seche Vite or OPI’s top coat. I prefer Seche Vite though. My favorite polish brands are Essie, OPI, and Zoya. Using these products can make my pedicures last two weeks and a few days and my manis last up to ten days, which comes in handy when funds are low.

In between manis and pedis I apply Nailtiques Protein Formula 2 and a coat of Sally Hansen Natural Tint clear polish. To keep my cuticles moisturized I use Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream or Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle & Nail Pen, but Viamin E oil works just as well too.

So there you have it, my natural nail tips. If you use any of the products mentioned let me know. How do you care for & wear your nails?



1 comments:

Nikia Jefferson said...

Please, let's not talk about our nail choices in the 90s! I was right there with ya. LOL!

I absolutely love that Burt's Bees cuticle cream. I swear by it. I usually bring my own color mainly because I like having the ability to touch it up at home if necessary. However, you made an excellent point regarding the acetone they use to thin the polishes. I don't think I'll ever use the salon polish again!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin