Grooming (or lack thereof)

3.17.2011

I posted the following statement on Facebook early this morning:

I DESPISE a poorly groomed man. Dude has a scraggly, lint infested beard, his locs are LOOOONG overdue for a good wash & retwisting. Crazy dirt beneath his nails, chapped lips, horrendous breath. Damn!!! *gagging*

I ride the same bus every morning to work when I don't feel up to the four block walk to the train. My Facebook message was about a man I see when I’m on the bus. On Wednesday I had the misfortune of sitting next to him. There I was sitting there reading a magazine, when this foul stench assaulted my nasal passages. My seatmate was a mouth reader and that foul stench was his breath. Excuse me...It was not even 7:30 a.m. Why oh why was his breath SO TERRIBLE???? The remainder of my bus ride was less than pleasant. I was unable to move because the bus was overly crowded, so I suffered in silence.

This morning I boarded the bus and saw the odoriferous man again. I found an empty seat away from him and gave him a long hard look. That long hard look prompted my Facebook update. I was in utter shock at the way he chooses to present himself to the world. Clearly he does not have a good woman in his life or perhaps he does and just does not care how he looks. His hands were ashy; his lips were so chapped they were peeling. He appears to have a job so why does he walk around looking so unkempt?

Women love men who take pride in their appearance. The quickest way to turn a woman off is to look as though you just rolled out of bed and started your day. I suggest the man from the bus invest in the following essentials quickly or get used to the cruel stares of strangers.

• Lip balm – I like Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm.

• A tin of Altoid Smalls – those tiny mints do the trick!

• Hand cream – Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Cream

• A travel toothbrush and toothpaste – Brush after every meal.

In addition to these essentials, he should find a good loc maintenance person, invest in a quality rechargeable shaver, schedule a dentist appointment, and clip and clean beneath his nails. A little upkeep and investing in yourself can take you far in this world.

THIS!!!!!

NOT THIS...






4 comments:

TrendySocialite said...

The visuals at the end were PRICELESS! I am totally onboard with this post.

Unknown said...

LOL! I am laughing so hard at the pics, but I totally understand what you are saying. I love a man who not only looks good but smell good. Yummy! LOL. Nice Post.

Kim {The Stylish Life} said...

Thanks chicas! I needed visuals that were extreme but made my point, lol!

Keianna, a good fragrance on a well groomed man is the icing on the cupcake! Glad you enjoyed the post!

Tee said...

I understand your point of him being unpleasent to you, but he might not notice and then on top of that. That might be in his budget. We do not know his circumstances to which he is like that. What you think is well groomed might not be to him.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin