Haute Bag Lady Bag of the Week

1.18.2010


Junior Drake

It's Not The Bag. It's The Girl.

Two years ago while shopping in Loehmann's, I spotted a gorgeous brick red leather bag with brass hardware. I picked the bag up to further inspect it and was amazed at how soft the leather felt. The bag was big, looked great on my arm, and had a pretty lining of a black woman fom what looked the the late 1950s or early 196os. I was in handbag love.

Junior Drake? Hmm... I had no recollection of the brand and figured it was a Los Angeles based company. Something about the bag said California to me.

Sadly, I had to leave the bag behind, but as soon as I made it back to work, I visited Junior Drake's website. From that moment, I was hooked!

Junior Drake bags definitely get you noticed. I get a lot of compliments when I carry either of mine. I love the inspiration for the brand and the modern yet vintage look of each bag.


If you're not familiar with Junior Drake, please visit their website. I can see this brand becoming a major player among luxury accessories.

My goal is to add a couple more bags to my collection. I'm watching this line very closely and cannot wait to see what's next.



Pictured: Patsy Brown aka Junior Drake and the Mitra Hobo.



0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin