(Payless) Shoe-gasm

3.04.2010

Good Evening, I hope all is stylish in your corner of the world.

I have a confession to make... I am a shoe snob. Over the years, I've turned my nose up at Payless Shoes and have refused to go in the stores at all. Nothing annoys me more than cheap and poorly made shoes. Payless had a reputation for being wallet friendly but looked as though they were put together while the shoemaker was held at gunpoint in a dimly lit room. The quality of their merchandise was lacking.

Last year, Oprah offered a 50% off coupon for Payless Shoes when Christian Siriano was a guest on her show. Oh how I wished the coupon was for Nordstrom's shoe department or Piperlime. After visiting Payless' website, two pairs of cute flats caught my eye. Giving in to the peer pressure from a few friends, I decided to print the coupon and join in the shoe shopping fun.  I was impressed with the Lela Rose flats and the Christian Siriano flats. Comfortable, well made, no visible glue, or stench of plastic. My, my, Payless you've come a long way.

Well I just left the Payless site and had to post the Downtown Zip Sandal designed by Mr. Siriano. I really like this shoe but I can't commit to full on love until I see it in person. Stay tuned for a follow up.

What do you guys think of the Downtown Zip Sandal? It also comes in black patent "leather". I'm thinking of a few skirts and dresses I have that could use a bit of the edge these would add. How would you wear these shoes?



3 comments:

Nikia Jefferson said...

It looks pretty HOT! Like you, I would want to see it in person first to make a final decision.

TrendySocialite said...

I went in our Payless last night looking for these and of course they were no where to be found. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

i'll admit i've shopped at Payless and have not been disappointed especially after receiving compliments on the shoes i've bought there. got me some nice purple booties and black ruffle pumps last time.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin