Lip Gloss Battle: L'Oreal & Revlon

5.17.2008

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lip Gloss vs. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze

I got Infallible L/G when it first cam out but I'm behind on my reviews...sorry. L’Oreal had me with the words 6 hour lip gloss. I chose #805 Suede which is a very neutral shade. I paired it with my MAC Cork lip liner. The applicator has a weird enlarged triangular shape – not the typical doe foot applicator of most lip glosses. I thought the shape was odd. Upon applying the gloss I didn't like the triangle brush at all. It's just too large. The gloss has decent staying power. It lasted through out my grapefruit and toast breakfast; I was able to drink a Venti White Mocha from Starbucks with barely a trace of the gloss being left on the cup. The six hour claim is an exaggeration and the formula is too dry. My lips felt tight the entire time I was wearing Infallible. This product just didn't do it for me. Definitely won't repurchase.

Yesterday I wandered into Walgreen's during my lunch hour and I saw some new beauty displays. There were a lot of women crowded around the displays so it was hard for me to get a good look at anything. I was also pressed for time so I was only able to get a brief look at Revlon's ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze. I chose Lasting Shimmer (yes...another nude shade but in my defense I didn't have time to study all the shades). Revlon doesn't have Mineral Lipglaze on their site yet. The consistency is like a liquid lipstick and glides on smoothly. The display claims that MLG lasts 8 hours. I can just attest to it lasting well past midnight with only one touch up needed. I'll have to test it for a full eight hours on my next work day. The lipglaze is not drying and the finish is a little more matte. I added a dot of clear lip gloss in the middle of my bottom lip and that gave me just enough shine. I plan to fully investigate the rest of the shades and I'm sure I'll buy more!















0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin