Teena Marie

12.27.2010

I had to peek in from my little holiday vacay to acknowledge the passing of soul legend, Teena Marie. May Lady Tee rest in peace. Thank you for the wonderful music!

Square Biz was the first Teena Marie song I ever heard. I was seven years old and Square Biz was on the radio every morning and it quickly became my favorite song. I sang it all the time and danced whenever I heard it. At seven I had no idea what she was singing about but I sang right along like I did, lol! I was a hip little second grader, rocking to the beat at the breakfast table.

Good soul music is timeless and brings back so many memories. Everybody get up and dance with me to one of my favorite Teena Marie songs! Celebrate her life and the legacy she leaves behind!!





0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin