A Life of Style: Hair Care Boot Camp

4.29.2010

The picture on the left pretty much sums up how I feel about my hair as of late. I'm such a drama queen at times! Lol!!

I made the mistake of switching hairstylists and getting my hair cut again. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, my new stylist does amazing work, but she's obsessed with cutting a lot of her clients hair short. Super. Short.

In my opinion, short hair is too much work. I don't have the patience to fuss over my hair. I need my hair to be a workable length so that I can quickly style it and go about my day. I may have mentioned in this series how lazy I am when it comes to my hair.

So I've started a new agressive hair growth regimen:

The first step will be returning to my former stylist. He knows my hair and really worked on making my hair healthy.

Step two involves vitamins, vitamins, vitamins. I changed up my vitamins and I'll share them in a separate post.

Step three is my special hair mix:
  • Rosemary Oil - 1 oz.

  • Grapeseed Oil - 4 tbsp.

  • Avocado Oil - 4 tbsp.

  • Organic Coconut Oil - 1 heaping tbsp.

  • 2-4 drops of Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil & 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil

I mix the above oils and apply to my scalp one to two times a week. This mix works well for my hair. My relaxed hair drinks this up.

And the last part of my regimen which I can't stress enough is water, water, water. I have cut down on the high fructose sugary juices and eliminated pop (soda). My main drinks are water, Nantucket Nectar juices, and GTS Organic Raw Kombucha (YUM!!!).

Soon I'll be able to add eliminating heat to my regimen but with my hair being so short I have to curl it. Luckily I learned that grapeseed oil is not only a strengthening oil but a natural heat protectant that can resist heat up to 425 degrees.

Hopefully I'll have some good growth over the next few months. I'll update my progress in June.


For more information:

Now Foods is a natural product company whose products are in many health food stores.

Organic Coconut Oil

Organic Kombucha

Dr. Miracle's Healing Oil


0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin