The "It" Bag is Dead

1.21.2008

Dior Gypsey Ruffle Hobo, $1755.00           

















Fendi Multicolor Spy Bag, $2190.00

















Yves Saint Laurent Muse bag, $1395.00

To all the designer bag loving fashionistas (myself included), the “It” bag du jour is dead.



According to LA Times writer Monica Corcoran, the oft coveted designer “It” bag’s demise has finally happened. Let us all bow our heads and have a moment of silence as we try and process this devastating news. It’s tragic, I know. What’s a fashionista to do?

I have a great appreciation for quality and design. Designer bags are gorgeous and made with rich lust worthy materials. I understand that a lot goes into crafting an “It” bag. The people behind these designs are incredibly talented. I have nothing but respect for them and their creativity. Designer bag prices do not shock me at all. I know that I can’t afford to own the real thing and I'm not trying to go into debt to have the latest bag. I’m a real woman whose budget is not on par with Hollywood starlets who often get their bags for free. The closest I’m ever going to get to a Hermes Birkin bag is a picture in Vogue magazine and I am totally okay with that. 


My own bag collection is a stylish mix of a few high end, moderate, and quality leather no name carryalls. I own Charles David, Coach, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Tory Burch. Spending my days chasing the next hottest bag until I own it is not my idea of a good use of my time or money. I’m no slave to trends. I‘m far too impatient to add my name to a wait list...for. a. bag. I hope it will never be that serious in my accessory life. Besides, I like to think that whatever bag I’m carrying is an “IT” bag.

3 comments:

Sofia Keck said...

Fantastic words:
"I’m a real woman whose budget is not on par with Hollywood starlets".

Sofia
Fashion Editor at Voxpop.

Kim {The Stylish Life} said...

Thanks! I would go broke trying to keep up with the "It" bag frenzy.

Anonymous said...

Im a big fan of Marc by Marc Jacobs. They are pricey, but in the same realm as Coach. I bought a leather hobo bag a month ago after dreaming about it for weeks! Not an "It" bag, but it still makes me feel special!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin